welcome matt

Monday, December 27, 2004

Lazy Americans

I have developed a new pet peeve. I pride myself on being laid back and not letting too many things get to me, but lately I have let this one thing get under my skin. I work in a building with eleven floors, by no means a skyscraper, it has three elevators. I can't tell you the number of times those elevators stop on two. As in the second floor, one flight of stairs. It's not the ten seconds of the doors opening on two and someone getting off or on that makes me mad, it's that someone could be lazy enough to take the elevator up or even down one flight of stairs. In my mind unless you are elderly, or have something wrong with your legs there is no reason to take an elevator up one floor except that you are lazy, even worse to take the elevator down one flight of stairs, gravity is on your side that way.

It is clear to me why other countries hate America. We are the wealthiest, laziest, and most prideful country since Rome.(in it's later years) We are constantly complaining, we have to have the best of everything for the least amount of effort. The best example of this I can see daily is taking the elevator up one freaking floor. The other morning two overweight women got on the elevator talking about how the holidays were awful for their diets, they were going to gain more weight; I didn't get to hear very much of their conversation because they got off on two. I thought that is America in a nutshell, or better a thin candy shell.

1 Comments:

  • guilty as charged. I peed outside last night because I was too lazy to go inside while I was taking the dog out. I also choose the elevator- but i try not to pee in them.TJ

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home