welcome matt

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Baby Jack

Jack has been sick this week, and his little cough is breaking our heart. He just looks miserable and isn't his playful self. But he did something two nights ago that totally melted me. Dana Carvey talks about never being able to withstand the "power of cuteness" his kids possess. I understand that now. Jack was in his little excer-saucer, and he started to get fussy. Christine was at rehearsal so I went to get him out. As I reached out to pick him up he looked up at me and raised his arms, like he was saying, "pick me up daddy." I loved it.

It made me think about how God must feel when his children reach for him. That's something that being a parent has done for me, let me know a little bit about the kind of love God feels for his children. It also made me think of how much more heart-melting we are in for. I can't wait until Jack gets a little bit older and he can ask questions like "Daddy, does God have feet?" (more Dana Carvey)

3 Comments:

  • Baby Jack sure does love his daddy...

    By Blogger christine pinson, at 9:57 AM  

  • Matt........I don't know if I have ever told you this or not. Maybe you have felt it, maybe you have not ever even thought about it, much less worried about or lost sleep over it. But, I am extrememly proud to be your aunt. You are an exceptional person and will never know how I have drawn from your example. I know that it should be the other way with me being older (?), you know how I hate that, but I have watched you grow from Day One. I saw you as a mini Baby Jack and knew that God had plans for you. Thanks for being you. Your life partner, Christine and your precious son are such a blessing to me. I love you.

    By Blogger Lynn, at 8:51 PM  

  • im so intrigued about your experience as a father. It scares me to death, as im sure it does you- but i somehow want to see if you (and Baby Jack) survive so that when that time comes along- i will be a little less terrified. I always feel like im going to squish babies when i hold them- they are soo small. I I tend to break small stuff. But you guys are doing a great job- and will be awesome parents (and already are) so im sure that one day I could maybe do it too.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home