welcome matt

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Upwards

I am coaching a little basketball team at church of 5th and 6th grade boys. So far we are 0-6. Which is probably a relflection on their coach. I guess it is a good thing I didn't go exercise science. It has been a lot of fun though. Most of my kids have never played basketball before which does put us at a slight disadvantage, but it is funny to hear their opinions, and questions on basketball.

It has been a lot of fun, and I got to know a bunch of guys I wouldn't have otherwise. We have practice tonight, any suggestions for motivating fifth graders?

So anyway wish the tarheels luck, I think we just have two more games. Maybe we can get a win in there somewhere.

1 Comments:

  • speaking as a champion of no sport at all- I would like to say thank you for coaching a losing team. I bet it is fun to lose on your team. I was always on the losing team, and having a coach who was cool about it made it much more enjoyable- of course thats probably why we always lost- we got the ice cream and the trophy at the end of the season whether we won or not. Go get em 'heels.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home