welcome matt

Friday, October 13, 2006

She's One in a Million

My sweet wife. We hate hearing doctors say you don't need to worry about (insert concern here), it's very rare, one in a million chance. We know that Christine is that one. For instance, there's a small chance you can get pregnant on the pill...check. There's a really small chance doctors would misdiagnose something for eight years...check. There's a teeny tiny chance of developing a blood clot from a pic line...check. There's an itty bitty chance of internal bleeding from the blood thinners they give you to treat the blood clot...yes, check.

But after three weeks in the hospital we are back at home, and feel like we have come to the edge of the woods. She still feels really tired and really weak, but better. It will take a few weeks to gain all her strength and energy back, but when she does I'm hopeful that she will feel 100% for the first time in a long, long time.

It's hard to express how much you love someone, and it's especially hard to watch that someone suffer. Christine is my heart, without her I'm a complete wreck. When she's broken, I am too. I want to thank everyone who has prayed for her, and for me, and visited, and brought us food, and cleaned our house. We have both felt surrounded by love and like a part of a true community. Thank you

10 Comments:

  • We wish we could do MORE for you guys! I can't believe all Christine has been through over the past few weeks, months and years! Praise God that He carried her (and you) through it. We're praying she keeps feeling better and better!

    By Blogger Shelly, at 1:53 PM  

  • It is times like these that I wish it was God's law that all families live within a rock throw of each other. I felt so far and out of touch. Thank goodness for phone calls, emails and blogs. We did pray for you guys daily as we always do. I love you all bunches and bunches and praise GOD that Christine is home and going to be a whole new person. She is a keeper for sure. I wish I could have done more but just love you. Our family has been through alot and I am sure that we cross other valleys and highs again. Thankfully though our love for each other and our Heavenly Father gets us through them. Welcome Home Christine! Aunt Lynn

    By Blogger Lynn, at 9:10 PM  

  • And I would add to Jody's comment that I'm thankful that Christine has you as a husband. You've been great to her during all of this. I'm so glad she's home and has answers and healing. I pray she continues to recover and feel 100% better.

    By Blogger Kate, at 6:37 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Chad, at 10:04 PM  

  • we have been thinking about you guys. hang in there. you are in our prayers.

    By Blogger Chad, at 10:05 PM  

  • Having been through most of the "million in one" chances, I have seen the best and worst of Christine's health. We've measured her life over the past several years as "before you got sick", "while you were sick", and "after you came home". The very best measure of her life is, however, you and Jack, and the way she serves her Lord. Your words remind me over and over again of how very blessed and proud we are to call you our son-in-law. Thank you for loving her, caring for her, and allowing her to take up residence in your heart.
    You are the best!
    Hugs!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:18 PM  

  • Matt-

    what incredible testimony you gave tonight at church! We loved hearing every word of it! The Lord is so good...He has been shown to be great again and again through you and your precious family!

    We love you all so and continue to pray!

    Tony and Becky

    By Blogger Brooks Inc., at 7:13 PM  

  • Matt Matt .... I don't know if you read all these comments but I have to comment again. You know me....I just can't say it once. After hearing about your testimony at church last night I am in wracking sobs. You are such a tower of strength. I am so proud to be your aunt. I left Mindy a comment but I wanted to tell you personally how much I love and respect you and Christine. I am the one blessed to be your aunt. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

    By Blogger Lynn, at 3:10 PM  

  • Matty P.

    I haven't told you lately how much you ROCK and how wonderful I think you are. Just know that I love you so much and am so thankful to God that Christine is starting to feel better. Give her a hug for me.

    Love you.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:10 PM  

  • I ditto, ditto, ditto all those comments. You two are awesome and I'm so glad that everything is getting back to normal. I'm also SO glad that Christine is feeling better. Your sweet family has been in my prayers. We love you and can't wait to see you all at the FUN holidays at Nana and Poppis. Give Tine and Jack a kiss :) Oh, and give yourself one while your at it......Love you

    By Blogger Heather's House, at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home