welcome matt

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

class 5

I will never forget a mission trip in 8th grade to Denver. Not only was that the trip I got baptized on, but it is also the first time I went whitewater rafting. The waters were at near record highs that year. The first rapid, three rocks, I think our boat almost flipped and the two guys in the front of our boat got thrown out. The guide yelled for me to reach my paddle out for him. I lunged out and reached my paddle as far as I could but the inches that seperated us quickly became feet in the current. Luckily both the guys were alright, but that image has always stuck with me, somebody I really care about, fear on their face, being sucked out of reach by this incredible power.

All that to say, right now that guy in the water is my brother. He has been having a hard time with ulcerative colitis, basically ulcers on his colon. He feels sick all the time. He has lost a ton of weight, and the medicine hasn't seemed to make a dent in it. My poor parents I know are worried sick about it, and we all feel so helpless. Right now, according to the doctors, the options are pretty slim. There is one more medication he wants to try, and if that doesn't work removing the colon is the only option. It seems so drastic, and it is, but it is a cure and evidently afterward if everything goes well you can live a pretty normal life. Anyway, I guess I am asking for your prayers, for Kyle, for my poor worried sick mom and dad, and for healing. We serve a great God, who is our lifevest during these times.

3 Comments:

  • Matt,
    Thanks for letting us know. Kyle and your parents will be in my prayers for healing and peace. I know you must be worried too--I'll also be praying for you and Tine and Whitney during this time of waiting.

    By Blogger Kate, at 6:03 AM  

  • Hey Matt, Christine, and Baby Jack,

    In this family, we know that prayers work, don't we? I hate that Kyle has to go through this and all the worries that go along. I am praying for you all and for Kyle's complete recovery plus keeping us all safe in His arms. I love you guys.

    Aunt Lynn

    By Blogger Lynn, at 1:38 PM  

  • Hey Matt, don't know where to put this, so I hope you get it.

    We need a couple more people to play football with us on Thursday night so I am seeing if you and Jarod want to come play. We usually play basketball on Thursday nights at Skillman Church of Christ (in Dallas), but this Thursday at 7 we're playing football at the park next door. The Church is 1 mile south of Mockingbird on Skillman. We usually play until 8:30 or 9. You can bring a friend or two if ya want.

    Anyway, contact me on my blog if you need any more directions. I don't think our Church is too far from Euless, so I hope you can come.

    By Blogger The Future, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home